Merezzate+ @ “Carbon Neutral City: from buzz to action”
On the morning of Wednesday 29th September Merezzate+ was presented as a best practice at the meeting “Carbon Neutral City: from buzz to action”.
The event presents some of the Milan innovative experiences of district-based solutions as a Carbon Neutral city facing climate change and promoting urban regeneration, mobilizing all key players and providing for a broad involvement of civil society, private sector, public administrations and research.
The event was organised in roundtables, starting from the Milano experiences and scaling to an international perspective.
A goal of the event is to produce a “lessons learned notice” on Climate neutral and Smart Cities, useful for sharing the experiences of Milan and to propose models to other urban areas for the successful engagement of citizens, policy makers, Public Administrations and Real Estate operators.
The meeting was scheduled as follow:
- Greetings and agenda from Paola Pierotti (PPAN)
- Municipality of Milan – Filippo Salucci, head of environmental transition department
- Ecological Transition Ministry (MITE) – Andrea Accorigi, technical secretary
1.Tools (Paola Pierotti – PPAN – as moderator):
- Carbon Neutral Cities and Piano Aria Clima of the Municipality of Milan – Giseppina Sordi (Municipality of Milan) and Manuela Ojan (AMAT);
- Milano Transition Fund (MTF2026 project) – Piero Pelizzaro (Municipality of Milan);
- Technologies and new financial tools – Mario Motta (Politecnico di Milano, Energy Department);
- Community engagement and behavioural change for carbon neutral districts and smart cities (Merezzate+ project) – Giuliana Gemini, Poliedra
2.Real Estate sector (Paola Pierotti – PPAN – as moderator):
- Fabio Carlozzo, REDO sgr
- Andrea Ruckstuhl, Lendlease
3.International experiences (Anrea Grieco – Will – as moderator):
- Hélène Chartier – Zero Carbon Development director, C40
- Matthew Baldwin – head ofo EU 100 Climate Neutral Cities project
- Thomas Osdoba – Senior Cities Advisor, EIT Climate-KIC
The event was organised by Consorzio Poliedra, Politecnico di Milano, REDO sgr, the Municiplity of Milan, AMAT, with the contribution of EIT-Climate KIC and the collaboration of the Ecological Transition Ministry, Lendlease, “100 Neutral Cities” and “C40 Cities” networks.
The initiative was part of the All4Climate program, organised by the Ecological Transition Ministry and te World Bank program “Connect4Climate”, together with Lombardy Region, the Municipality of Milan and is part of pre-COP: a 40-country ministry meeting in Milan hold one month before the COP26, with the aim of having a preliminary debate about climate issue.
The meeting is done in collaboration with SP2021 – Sustainable Places IX edition, held in Rome form 28th September to 1st October.